Welcome to the Homepage for ECON 488, Senior Capstone Seminar in Economics. Below you will find links to course reading materials, interesting links, and other information I’ve pulled together from the Internet. If you have anything you think would be worth adding, please let me know.
A lot of the material you will need for this semester will be posted on Canvas, including all deadlines and many resources.
- Video introductions & help for assignments
Reflective Essay Help
Data & Indicators Help
This project must be done using one of the following tools.
- Adobe Spark - site license, login with dukes.jmu.edu
- Google Sites - login with gmail account
- Microsoft Sway - site license, login with dukes.jmu.edu
My Google Sites example: https://sites.google.com/view/economicindicators/home My Adobe Spark example: https://spark.adobe.com/page/PO8aXcwbMK67t/
Research Paper Help
Relevant Links Used in Class
Getting started with R:
YouTube Playlist for getting started with R https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLH4UFhLEA0B-O2k9PHUOoBKBB1YKjSBvr
Link for Chicago Manual of Style for Citations:
- I prefer footnotes to endnotes
- Internet news articles should be cited in footnotes, and not the reference section
- Do not put “n.p.n.d.” in your references
- Any quotes longer than five lines should be put in block quotes. As a rule, this should be extremely limited